The Kazakh-registered team stick with Canadian brand Argon 18 to provide framesets for the 2019 season and Sanchez opts for the all-round, simplistic Gallium Pro for the WorldTour opener in Australia over the more aero-focused Argon 18 Nitrogen Disc.
- Lazer’s new Bullet 2.0 could make you “9 seconds faster over 1km”
- Peter Sagan to race alloy frame and tubeless tyres
Astana also continues to stick with Corima wheels for 2019. Sanchez pairs the 47 WS+ carbon wheels from the French company with classic, gum-walled Wolfpack Race Tubulars.
The bikes use Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 drivetrain components with cranksets from FSA. Sanchez opts for a 54-tooth outer chainring on his race bike.
FSA also provides the team with finishing kit, including seatpost, handlebars and stem.
Click through the gallery above for a close look at Luis Leon Sanchez’s 2019 race machine.
- Frameset: Argon 18 Gallium Pro, size 56
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 11-28
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Crankset: FSA Powerbox Carbon with FSA TT chainrings 54/39, 175mm cranks
- Wheels: Corima 47 WS+
- Tyres: Wolfpack Race Tubular, 25mm
- Stem: FSA OS-99, 130mm
- Handlebars: FSA Energy, 400mm
- Tape/grips: Prologo
- Pedals: Look Keo 2 Max Carbon
- Saddle: Prologo Scratch 2, Astana team issue
- Seatpost: FSA K-Force Light
- Bottle cages: Tacx Ciro
- Computer mount: K-Edge
- Rider height: 1.86m
- Seat height (from centre of bottom bracket): 800mm
- Tip of saddle nose to handlebars (at centre): 615mm
- Total bicycle weight: 7.12kg