Back in May, Alex Dowsett set a world hour record of 52.937km on a Canyon Speedmax WHR built specifically for the attempt. At the 2015 Tour de France, Dowsett is racing Canyon’s stock Speedmax CF frame with Team Movistar spec with Campagnolo EPS and a power2max power meter.
This is the same bike Dowsett used to win his fourth British national time trial title just before the Tour.
In the Tour’s opening time trial, Dowsett finished 13th.
In the team time trial on Sunday, Dowsett put his TT prowess to use for team leader Nairo Quintana, with Movistar finishing third, just four seconds behind BMC and three seconds behind Team Sky.
Check out the gallery above for a closer look, and see the full bike details below.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Speedmax CF
- Fork: Speedmax CF
- Stem: Speedmax CF integrated
- Handlebar: Speedmax CF integrated
- Front brake: Speedmax Aero Brake integrated
- Rear brake: Speedmax Aero Brake integrated
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo EPS Super Record
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo EPS Super Record
- Levers: Campagnolo EPS Super Record
- Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record, 11-27
- Chain: Campagnolo Super Record
- Cranks: Campagnolo Super Record, 56/44t, 172.5mm
- Power meter: power2max
- Pedals: Look Keo Blade 2
- Front wheel: Bora Ultra 80
- Rear wheel: Bora Ultra TT
- Tubulars: Continental Podium TT 22mm
- Saddle: Fizik Antares VS
- Seatmast: Speedmax CF integrated
- Other: Toshiba X-sports rear cam; Elite Crono CX bottle and cage
- Complete bike weight: 8.4kg / 18.52lb
- Rider’s height: 182cm / 6ft
- Rider’s weight: 73kg / 161lb
- Saddle height from BB, c-t: 79cm
- Saddle to bar drop: 11cm
- Tip of saddle to center of pads: 53cm