Workhorse Ian Stannard’s (Team Sky) role at the Tour of Britain was to shepherd team leader Bradley Wiggins to the team’s first home tour win.
The British team succeeded in doing this on Sunday, with Wiggins winning overall by 26 seconds from Martin Elmiger (IAM Cycling). Stannard finished 7th at 1’34, his best result being second behind Wiggins in the stage 3 time trial.
Standing well over six feet tall, Stannard rides a relatively small 56cm Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2 frame. He compensates with fairly long stem and a saddle setback nudging on towards 9cm.
The bike, in Sky’s characteristic way, is the epitome of team issue consistency. It’s a luxury of being one of the best-supplied squads in the peloton. The standout deviation is Stannard’s pedal preference – the discontinued Shimano Dura-Ace 7810s.
Click on the gallery for a closer look at Stannard’s bike.
Ian Stannard prefers the discontinued Shimano Dura-Ace 7810 pedals
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think2 (56cm)
- Fork: Pinarello Onda
- Headset: Pinarello 1″1/8 to 1″ 1/2 integral system
- Stem: Pro Vibe 141mm (c-t-c)
- Handlebars: Pro, with classic drop (42cm c-c)
- Tape: Pro Smart Silicon
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace BR-9000
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace BR-9000
- Brake levers: Shimano Dura-Ace ST-9070
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace FD-9070
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace RD-9070
- Shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace ST-9070
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Aca CS-9000 (11-28)
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace CN-9000
- Crankset: SRM Powermeter Shimano 11-speed (53-39)
- Bottom bracket: Shimano Dura-Ace BB-9000
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace PD7810
- Wheelset: Shimano C50 tubular
- Front tyre: Veloflex Carbon 23mm
- Rear tyre: Veloflex Carbon 23mm
- Saddle: fi’zi:k Antares VS carbon braided
- Seatpost: Pinarello Dogma 65.1
- Bottle cages: Elite Custom Race
- Computer: SRM PowerControl7 (not shown)
- Rider’s height: 1.89m (6’2″)
- Rider’s weight: 83kg (182lb)
- Saddle height from BB (c-t): 821mm
- Saddle setback: 87mm
- Seat-tube length, c-t: 575mm
- Seat-tube length, c-c: 560mm
- Tip of saddle (nose to c of bar): 623mm
- Head tube length: 165mm
- Top tube length: 565mm
- Total bicycle weight: 7.20kg (15.9lb) w/o computer