At the USA Cycling national championships on 4-5 July, 21-year-old Kaitie Antonneau (Exergy TWENTY16) won both the road race and the U23 time trial aboard Felt race bikes. Here, BikeRadar take a look at her Felt ZW1 road machine, which tips the scales at 6.8kg (15lb).
Standing at just under 5ft 2in (1.57m), Antonneau rides a size Small in the women’s specific Felt ZW Series, with a 70mm stem and compact cranks (the bikes come in four sizes – Petite, Small, Medium and Tall). Felt says the ZW frames fit women from 4ft 9in (1.4m) to 5ft 11in (1.8m).
About half of the Exergy TWENTY16 women’s pro team uses ZW bikes, while the rest use Felt’s standard F Series race bikes. The team’s ZW1 is sold as a frameset only (claimed frame weight is 900g) and uses Felt’s UHC Ultimate + Nano MMC carbon fiber frame. The BB30 shell and dropouts – traditionally aluminum on carbon frames – are also made of carbon fiber.
There are seven other ZW frames with less expensive carbon fiber that come as complete bikes.
The ZW Series is Felt’s performance women’s line
Complete bike specifications
- Frameset: Felt ZW1 FitWoman
- Fork: Felt ZW1 Ultimate + Nano carbon fiber
- Headset: FSA Integrated
- Cranks: SRAM Red 2012 SRM, 170mm, 50/34T
- Chain: SRAM Red 1091
- Cassette: SRAM Red 2012, 11-25
- Brake calipers: SRAM Red w/Zipp Flash Pro pads
- Shift levers: SRAM Red
- Derailleurs: SRAM Red
- Wheels: Zipp 404 Firecrest tubulars
- Tires: Zipp Tangente tubulars (23c)
- Saddle: Fi’zi:k Arione
- Seatpost: Zipp SL Speed
- Stem: Zipp SL Service Course, 70mm
- Handlebar: Zipp SL Service Course, 40mm (c-to-c)
- Tape: Zipp Service Course CX
- Pedals: Speedplay Zero (titanium)
- Water bottle cages: Arundel carbon fiber
- Chain catcher: K-Edge
- Number plate: K-Edge
- Rider’s height: 5ft 2in (1.57m)
- Seat tube length (c-t): 450mm
- Seat tube length (c-c): 407mm
- Top tube length: 515mm (horizontal)
- Head tube length: 130mm
- Weight: 6.8kg (15lb) with cages and pedals