Tom Dumoulin clung onto the race lead in a thrilling queen’s stage of the Giro d’Italia. The Dutchman’s rivals put on the pressure following an untimely nature break, with Vincenzo Nibali taking the stage in a sprint finish with Mikel Landa.
Ahead of the queen’s stage, Cyclingnews took a detailed look at the bike Dumoulin will ride for the last few difficult stages ahead of the race crescendo and final time trial in Milan.
The Giant TCR frame features an integrated seat mast, as opposed to a traditional seat post and clamp, with the saddle attached to clamp at the top of the seat mast.
Giant produce the majority of the finishing kit for Dumoulin’s bike, with the saddle, stem, handlebars and computer all from the Taiwanese brand. Dumoulin opts for a carbon, oversized stem measuring 120mm.
Shimano provide the groupset and wheels for the bike and whilst the crankset is a Dura-Ace 9000 series piece, the remainder of the drivetrain, shifters, brakes and wheels are the latest Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 series.
The crankset is equipped with a dual-sided Pioneer powermeter, whilst Giant’s Ride Sense sensor gives the speed and cadence reading to the computer.Dumoulin rode traditional 53/39T chainrings, despite nearly 6,000m of climbing on the day.
A sleek touch is the electronic gearing junction box underneath the cockpit, which is held in place with a Fouriers mount doubling up as a spacer. A Fouriers out-front computer mount holds the Giant computer.
The race leader opts for pink handlebar tape to match the leader’s jersey, whilst Italian brand Eilte celebrates this further with pink bottle cages and bidons.
- Frame: Giant TCR Advanced SL 0
- Fork: Giant Advanced SL Grade
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100
- Brake/Shifter levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 with Pioneer power meter, 53/39T chain rings
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa tubular
- Handlebars: Giant Contact SLR carbon
- Stem: Giant Contact SLR carbon, 120mm, 8 degree
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Saddle: Giant Contact SLR
- Seat post: Integrated
- Bottle cages: Elite Custom Race Plus, pink edition for Giro d’Italia leader
- Computer: Giant Neos Track
- Other accessories: Fouriers junction box and computer mounts
- Rider’s height: 1.85m
- Rider’s weight: 69kg