Specialized just released a new Tarmac SL6, and Peter Sagan rode an iridescent S-Works model to victory on stage 3 of the Tour de France.
Specialized is claiming the new S-Works Tarmac frame weighs 733g in a size 56cm. Specialized will be selling a few models, with the top build weighing a claimed 6.2kg/13.7lb when built up with Roval CLX32 wheels, ee brakes and a special paint job that only adds 10g.
Sagan’s teammates are all on black Tarmacs, which were just introduced at the start of the 2017 Tour de France Ben Delaney / Immediate Media
Sagan can’t race a bike that light, of course, per UCI rules. His mechanics keep his bike at regulation 6.8kg/14.99lb with Roval CLX50 wheels and a standard Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 with direct-mount calipers. His 4iiii power meter only adds a few grams.
Sagan uses Specialized’s Aerofly bar with bare tops — the way the aero engineers like to see it — and a Zipp SL Sprint stem with its logos covered with electrical tape.
The Aerofly internal routing keeps things tidy even without handelbar tape on the tops Ben Delaney / Immediate Media
Along with the special iridescent paint job and matching saddle from Specialized, Sagan gets another personalized touch with a custom Garmin mount from K-Edge.
Check out the gallery above for a closer look at the new Specialized S-Works Tarmac of world champion and Tour de France stage 3 winner Peter Sagan.
K-Edge sent a few riders custom Garmin mounts for the Tour. Looks like Sagan made the cut Ben Delaney / Immediate Media
- Frame: Specialized S-Works Tarmac
- Fork: Specialized S-Works Tarmac
- Brake calipers: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 direct mount
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 11-28T
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 with 4iiii power meter, 53/39T, 172.5mm
- Chain catcher: K-Edge
- Wheels: Roval CLX 50
- Tubulars: S-Works Turbo Allround 3, 26mm
- Handlebar: Specialized Aerofly, 42cm
- Stem: Zipp SL Sprint, 140mm
- Tape: SupaCaz
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Saddle: Specialized S-Works Toupe
- Seatpost: Specialized Tarmac
- Bottle cages: Tacx Deva Carbon
- Computer: Garmin Edge 520
- Garmin mount: K-Edge Garmin Race Mount