Dan Martin (UAE Team Emirates) put in a powerful attack one-kilometre from the finish line on Mûr de Bretagne to take the sixth stage of the 2018 Tour de France and raise his hopes for a strong general classification performance after being caught out in a crash during last year’s race.
Bold, white decals stand out on the down tube of the bike Josh Evans/Immediate Media
Martin raced the stage aboard the semi-aero Colnago V2-R frameset, which was photographed during last month’s Criterium du Dauphine where the Irishman finished in fourth place on GC.
The Italian frameset, is draped almost exclusively in Italian components. A full Campagnolo Super Record EPS groupset provides the shifting and drive for Martin’s bike, while non-series, direct-mount Campagnolo brakes provides the stopping power.
Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50 wheels are paired with 25mm Vittoria Corsa tubular tyres.
Martin uses a white and red Prologo Zero C3 Nack saddle featuring carbon rails Josh Evans/Immediate Media
While the frameset has a proprietary D-profiled seat post, it is topped with a Prologo Zero C3 Nack saddle and the Italian accessories specialists also provide UAE Team Emirates with handlebar tape for their Colnago race bikes.
An Italian theme continues with Dede Trentacinque handlebars and stem, plus Elite Vico Carbon bottle cages.
One of the few non-Italian components on the bike are the Look Keo Blade Carbon pedals Josh Evans/Immediate Media
Pedals from French company Look and an out-front computer mount from American aluminium accessory specialists K-Edge are two of very few components on Dan Martin’s race bike not hailing from Italy.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at the semi-aero race bike from the legendary Italian frame builders Colnago.
- Frame: Colnago V2-R
- Fork: Colnago V2-R
- Front brake: Campagnolo direct-mount
- Rear brake: Campagnolo direct-mount
- Brake/shifter levers: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS with Campagnolo chain catcher
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
- Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record, 11-29
- Crankset: Power2Max Type S Campagnolo, 172.5mm cranks, 53/39
- Wheelset: Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars: Deda Trentacinque
- Stem: Deda Trentacinque
- Tape/grips: Prologo
- Pedals: Look Keo Blade Carbon
- Saddle: Prologo Zero C3 Nack
- Seat post: Colnago V2-R
- Bottle cages: Elite Vico Carbon
- Other accessories: Campagnolo chain catcher, K-Edge out-front computer mount