BMC presented Greg Van Avermaet with a custom-painted BMC Teammachine SLR01 to celebrate the Belgian taking the Tour de France yellow jersey after BMC Racing’s team time trial victory on stage three of the race.
Van Avermaet’s frameset has been given an eye-catching all-yellow design, with contrasting black BMC decals on the down tube and head tube of the frameset.
Equipped with the usual full Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 groupset and wheels, Van Avermaet’s bike has also been paired with matching yellow bottle cages and bidons from Italian components and accessories specialists Elite.
The BMC Teammachine SLR01 features a proprietary stem, dubbed BMC ICS, as well as the expected frame-specific seatpost, which is topped with Van Avermaet’s custom gold and black Fizik Antares saddle from his usual race bike.
Since the spring, the one-day racing specialist has been racing aboard a grey and gold BMC Teammachine — in both rim brake and disc brake versions — to celebrate his Olympic road race title from 2016.
Barring any crashes for the remainder of the opening week of the Tour, Van Avermaet may fancy himself to hold onto the yellow leader’s jersey, and custom frameset, through to the first rest day depending on how the racing unfolds on some of the hillier stages as the race travels through Normandy.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at Van Avermaet’s special yellow frameset.
- Frame: BMC Teammachine SLR01 in a custom yellow finish to celebrate Greg Van Avermaet’s yellow jersey at the Tour de France
- Fork: BMC Teammachine SLR01
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100-P
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, C60
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars: 3T Ergonova
- Stem: BMC Teammachine ICS
- Tape/grips: 3T
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Saddle: Fizik Antares in custom colours for Olympic champion
- Seatpost: BMC Teammachine
- Bottle cages: Elite Custom Race Plus in custom colours for Tour de France yellow jersey wearer
- Computer: Garmin Edge 820
- Other accessories: K-Edge out front computer mount