New machines from Specialized, Trek, Orbea and Argon 18 have joined a 2017 Tour de France peloton already filled with some of the tastiest bikes on the planet. If you could pick just one, what would it be and why?
Beyond the brand new bikes, there are also scores of special edition machines with custom paint jobs for various riders like Mark Cavendish (now sadly abandoned), Andre Greipel and Chris Froome.
Here’s a quick recap of bikes launched at the Tour:
- Trek Emonda is now 640g for a 56cm frame.
- Specialized Tarmac at 733g built as all-around race bike. How about Sagan’s custom version?
- Argon 18’s Gallium Pro has an external upper headset.
- Orbea now has an Orca Aero.
And of course we are seeing disc road bikes at the Tour now too:
- Giant rolled out its as-yet-unannounced Propel Disc under Michael Matthews.
- Marcel Kittel won stage 2 on a Specialized S-Works Venge Disc with custom graphics.
- And Tony Martin raced stage 4 on a Canyon Aeroad Disc with SRAM’s new eTap Hydro group.
So, what would it be for you?