Cervélo has issued a recall notice for US customers who own one of a range of 2022 R5 and Caledonia 5 models and framesets. It says an issue with the stem faceplate could lead to the handlebars slipping, even when the bolts are tightened to the recommended torque value.
Models affected by the recall are:
- Cervélo R5 Dura-Ace Di2 in Five Black
- Cervélo R5 Red eTap AXS in Five Black
- Cervélo R5 Force eTap AXS in Lime and Black
- Cervélo R5 Force eTap AXS in Five Black
- Cervélo R5 Ultegra Di2 in Lime and Black
- Cervélo R5 Ultegra Di2 in Five Black
- Cervélo R5 frameset in Lime and Black
- Cervélo R5 frameset in Five Black
- Cervélo R5 frameset in Jumbo-Visma Replica
- Cervélo Caledonia-5 Dura-Ace Di2 in Oasis
- Cervélo Caledonia-5 Red eTap AXS in Five Black
- Cervélo Caledonia-5 frameset in Aqua Pearl
- Cervélo Caledonia-5 frameset in Five Black
- Cervélo Caledonia-5 frameset in Oasis
- Cervélo ST31 LT stem in Black
Cervélo has told owners of the affected bikes and frames to stop riding immediately. They should contact an authorised Cervélo dealer for a free replacement of the faceplate.
Cervélo recommends returning your bike to the place of purchase and it also says retailers will be contacting affected owners directly to arrange the necessary repair.
Alternatively, in specified conditions – including if you bought an affected bike online – there’s an online form you can complete on the recall page.
Although the recall is currently limited to the US, if you own any of the above bikes, we’d suggest contacting a Cervélo dealer to confirm whether your bike is affected by the recall.