Cube have added another bike to their 2013 mountain bike quiver, the Cube Elite XX1 29. It’s a 29er hardtail aimed at cross country and marathon racers who want a light machine.
Cube say they’ve been able to cut down on “excess resin material” in the Super HPC carbon frame, and the trimmed down theme is continued with the componentry. The bike is equipped with SRAM XX1 – a 34-tooth front chainring driving an 11-speed 10-42T cassette out back. The wheels are a DT Swiss MA 2.0 29 wheelset with Schwalbe Racing Ralph Kevlar 2.25 tyres. Formula R1R discs provide stopping power while a RockShox SID RL 29 fork gives 100mm of suspension travel up front.
A Syntace F109 stem and Selle Italia X1 saddle complete the spec for an overall claimed weight of 9.1kg.
The Elite XX1 will retail for £3,499 in the UK and €3999 in Europe. Cube told BikeRadar that the bike will be available from March 2013.
- Frame: ELITE SHPC XX1 29
- Fork: Rockshox SID RL 29 15QR TAPER
- Headset: Syntace F109
- Handlebar: Vector Carbon 318
- Seatpost: Syntace P6 CARBON
- Gears: SRAM XX1 (34 x 10-42)
- Rear Derailleur: XX1 Trigger 11-speed
- Brake: Formula R1R 160/180
- Wheelset: DT M.A 2.0 29 QR15/X12
- Tyres: Schwalbe Racing Ralph Kevlar 2.25