SRAM has taken its alloy Roam 50 wheels and updated them with a new carbon version. The 29in SRAM Roam 50 carbon wheels are aimed at trail riders with a 25-millimeter internal rim width, 24 spokes and hookless, tubeless-ready rims.
SRAM Roam 50 highlights
- Size: 29in
- Full carbon, tubeless ready, hookless rims
- Spoke count: 24, 2-cross
- Internal rim width: 25mm
- Claimed weight: Front 15×100 765g; Rear 12×142 XD 890g; Pair 1,655g
- Cassette: SRAM XD or SRAM/Shimano
- Engagement: 6.9 degrees
- Includes 6-color sticker pack to match your wheels to your bike—Red/Blue/ Green/Yellow/Orange/Red-Orange
- MSRP: Front/Rear $599 / $699 | €653 / €763 | £554 / £646 (Australian pricing TBC)
- Available now
The 29-inch pair weighs 1,655 grams, 765g front, 890g rear SRAM
To relieve some of the challenges associated with ongoing axle updates, the hubs are compatible with all the various axles from quick release to Boost thru-axles thanks to swappable endcaps. SRAM’s rear hub features 4 pawls and a 26-tooth ratchet ring that yields 52-points with 6.9-degree engagement and are compatible with SRAM XD and Shimano freehubs.
The rear hub has interchangeable end caps for quick release, 12×142 thru and Boost 12×148 thru axles SRAM
For ease of service, the wheels utilize SRAM’s Solo Spoke, which uses the same length spoke throughout the entire wheelset, the nipples are external for easy truing, and the ball bearings in the hubs are claimed to never need adjusting.
The 25mm internal width rim is tubeless ready and features hookless beads SRAM