The fast, frenetic and punishing world of cyclo-cross means you’re going to want a bike that’s built to last. Bike materials don’t get much tougher than titanium and that’s why British bike makers Qoroz won’t make their frames from anything else. They offer lifetime guarantees on all their framesets, including their ‘cross number, the Cyclo-cross Won.
Qoroz say they’ve thrown elements of their road and mountain bike frames into their ‘cross chassis, which is equally suited to racing or hard winter training, on or off road. The top tube has been shaped to improve comfort when shouldering the bike, the seat and chainstays have plenty of mud clearance, and the oversize, slack (72°) head tube and full-carbon fork are designed to provide precise, stable handling.
The frame has been designed specifically for use with disc brakes, so there are no cantilever bosses on the fork or seatstays. The seatpost is Qoroz’s own (see BikeRadar’s review here) and comes straight or, as pictured, with a 15mm layback.
Frame prices start from £1,299. The Cyclo-cross Won is customisable from top to bottom so you can specify your own geometry – bike fitting sessions are offered through Kinetic-One. Complete builds start from around £2,750, with the model pictured coming in at £3,200. The build shown here is fairly heavy, at 9kg (57cm size), but with lighter wheels the weight could easily be brought down. For more details, visit the Qoroz website.
Complete bike specifications:
- Frame: Qoroz Cyclo-cross Won (57cm/XL, 1.65kg)
- Forks: Qoroz CX, full carbon, tapered steerer
- Headset: Hope
- Bottom bracket: Hope
- Chainset: Shimano CX70 (48/36T)
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 10-speed (12-27T)
- Chain: Shimano 7801
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Front derailleur: Shimano CX70
- STI Levers: Shimano Ultegra
- Disc Brakes: Hope V-Twin X2
- Rotors: Hope floating
- Bar Stem: Hope RS
- Handlebar: Ritchey Superlogic Carbon
- Seatpin: Qoroz titanium
- Seat collar: Hope
- Skewers: Hope
- Wheelset: Hope Pro2 EVO hubs on Mavic T223 rims
- Tyres: Continental Cyclo-cross Plus, 700x35C
- Saddle: Fizik Gobi
- Seatpost: Qoroz
- Total weight: 9kg
- Complete bike build RRP: £3,200