Most mountain bikers have been using tubless tyres for over a decade — and with fewer punctures, more speed and more grip, they offer many advantages.
So why has it taken their skinny tyre’d roadie brethren so long to ditch the tubes? In this episode, Tom, Matthew and Jack discuss what’s happening in the world of road tubeless tyres.
This all follows a number of recent tyre releases from big tyre brands including Schwalbe, Continental and Specialized. Jack and Matthew have also recently been exploring the state of the tyre market and trying out the (relatively) new technology with mixed results.
We want your feedback
Given that this is only episode 6, and we’re still new to this podcasting game, if you have time we would really appreciate your feedback.
We’ve created a very simple, very short, totally anonymous survey, so please let us know your thoughts!
All the links you need
- Will tubeless take over in the pro peloton?
- How to fit a road tubeless tyre
- Best tubeless sealant 2019
- Challenge’s new tubeless, and tan-wall tyres, are super supple
- The Cinturato is a new, tough, tubeless tyre from Pirelli
- Maxxis launch High Road tubeless tyres
- Zipp overhauls NSW rims with wider profiles and tubeless compatibility
- CeramicSpeed’s mad chainless drivetrain
- Jack’s All City Cycles longterm steel test bike
- Matthew’s aluminium Trek Emonda longterm test bike
- Tom’s Santa Cruz Chameleon singlespeed longterm test bike
- Santa Cruz Tallboy 2020
- Intense Primer 2020
How to listen to the BikeRadar Podcast
Previous BikeRadar Podcast episodes
- Episode 1 — Cycling Plus‘ Bike of the Year Special (Spotify/iTunes)
- Episode 2 — MBUK‘s Trail Bike of the Year Special (Spotify/iTunes)
- Episode 3 — The BikeRadar Podcast | How do £10k bikes even exist? (Spotify/iTunes)
- Episode 4 — The BikeRadar Podcast | SRAM versus Shimano, and more! (Spotify/iTunes)
- Episode 5 — The BikeRadar Podcast | Why do all bikes look the same? (Spotify/iTunes)
- Episode 6 – The BikeRadar Podcast | Is it time to ditch ‘The Rules’? (Spotify/iTunes)